Is anyone here a hoarder, like those on that new tv show?

How bad is your house?

Have you lost family or friends b/c of your house condition?

Describe your house.

Just wondering! Post anon if you dont want to tell us who you are!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i'm pretty sure my SO's mom is...she keeps everything! her house is completely crammed full of stuff that everyone else would call garbage. her fridge and freezer had meat in it from like 6 years ago. instead of throwing things away, she'll bring them here, where i throw them away the instant she walks out the door! the bad part is, is that it's rubbing off on my SO's son, he doesn't throw ANYthing away, i mean, he'll find a piece of trash and keep it until i find it and can throw it away :-/ i'm getting ready to do a spring cleaning, while everyone is at work and school...i can't wait :)
    Anonymous

• "her fridge and freezer had meat in it from like 6 years ago" gee thanks, I already feel like hurling then I see that! barf!!!
    I can sometimes find it hard to get rid of things, but nothing like the show.
    My parent's house was full of stuff, my aunt was like that show big time! We were once there when I was little, Aunt and Uncle went out for a evening. my mom wanted to know why the groceries were sitting on the floor in bags and not put away. Cousins told her there was no room in the cupboards-mom looked. Wormy cereal and stuff that had expired years ago! So she told the boys to hold garbage bags and she tossed it out and made room for the groceries and did some cleaning.
    Aunt was livid- called grandma and said that mom should have kept her hands off her stuff and they couldn't watch the kids anymore-
    My sister is acting like my aunt more and more every day! whole upstairs full of craft stuff.
    Cont
    Anonymous

• cont- anon 2:17-
    They get mad at me because I"m not willing to keep boxes of family treasures all over the house. I have family treasures but if I don't have room I don't keep much.

my husband doesn't agree, but considering where I came from, my place is Buckingham palace. If I was anything like my aunt my husband would sleep in a tent in the back yard-
    it's a condition- they can't help it.
    Anonymous

• my grandma is she keeps alot of things that she doesnt need. but it is nothing at all like the ppl on the show...i love watching the show its good. i like to keep things as well.. but only clothes that dont fit me.. lol... nothing else
    Tryin4GodsAngel

Answer by Tryin4GodsAngel at 2:47 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I'm not a hoarder but my house looks like crap. Watching the show makes me feel a little better about my mess. My problem is not that we have so much stuff, but that we have no space for the things we need. We have a small ranch with no attic or basement. So there is just no where to put anything. We have shelves everywhere and they are full, so it looks very cluttered.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 5:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I am married to one. It is hellacious
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• My husband has a hard time throwing things away and I tell him that if he keeps it up we will be living in a house like the people on tv. He dosen't think so, but I'm very serious. He is 31 this year and still has things from highschool and on. He really has a hard time getting rid of things. I have been able to get rid of the kids things, mostly because he is not entirely aware of all that we have for them. And because I will sell them (not as much as he thinks) or donate them (more than he know's). But when it comes to his things it's so much harder.
    In one of our moves we counted his t-shirts and it was over 100. Claimed he needed them all and I asked him if we could get rid of 12. He talked me down from 20. Clothes that are in less than ideal condition go into the "paint clothes" pile. I seriously wonder how much painting he plans on doing with his numerous paint outfits.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:29 AM on Mar. 21, 2010