How do you ever get time alone with...

Your SO, DH,? I have not had time in this world to be with my SO alone since before we had kids. We have been with our kids day and night for the past 8yrs. not that I'd change anything about that. It's just that I want to go out with him alone, and I find that really hard to do. Trust me no one wants to babysit 4 kids. My kids don't have grandparents all have passed, but 1, my father, but he's an alcoholic, he's out of the question. What do you all do to have time to yourselves? We really deserve to have time alone we are very much starting to dislike each other. SO doesn't get to go out with friends neither do I. I don't know what else to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Try seeing if someone will come and pick two of your kids up and someone else the other two. I have a friend who has 6 kids and for thier 15th ann. she split her kids up amongst friends and that way they could go away for a friday and saturday...lol see if anyone would take 2 kids! lol
    Anonymous

• Can friends watch them?
    Anonymous

• If you can't get a sitter..do what I do. After the kids go to bed we have all the time in the world. Our kids are 2 and 9 months, and they go to bed at 9-9:30pm. After they are in bed, sometimes we'll rent a movie, snuggle up on the couch with some popcorn, and watch a movie...and usually have sex after lol. I know how hard it is to get a sitter. What if you found someone who would come to your house after the kids are in bed. That way it's easier on them, and you could go out to late dinner and a movie? You ALWAYS gotta make time for your relationship, even if it means snuggling up on a couch with a movie while the kids are sleeping. Good luck. Hope my advice helped =)
    Anonymous

• If you go to church and have friends in church, maybe an older couple or woman could be foster grandparents/substitute grandparents -- and watch them for an afternoon or evening for you. Is there a teen who helps in Sunday school classes who could babysit for you? So what if you come back from an evening out and toys are all over, the kids are fighting -that probably happens anyway (I have 3 kids lol I agree) but at least you and partner will have gotten a break from the kids!!!!! Do you have a basement or a playroom with a door? Put kids to bed and one night one very rare night when they're all healthy and sleeping, shut that door, lock it put vaseline on the door knob and snuggle up. Set a timer on watch or phone for three hours later even two hours, have a cooler with some choice appetizers and drinks and enjoy!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 2:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• gee- and I've got a SIL who will be taking her kids to a fundraiser because she wants to do it all alone-
    I feel for you-

could you look into a mommy's group and a house of worship? sure other moms have the same situation-

Good luck!
    Anonymous

• OP here.
    I have asked my relatives (cousins). I usually watch they're kids for free in hopes that they'd do the same for me. They do say "yes" but when the time comes, they're always busy, yeah right. You all have some good answers though. SO and I are tired after the kids are in bed he goes to sleep early he works 10hr days (construction). So no luck for late night. Thank you ladies for the advice.
    Anonymous

• This is one reason me and DH are grateful for school! The only real alone time we get is on our days off work while our son is at school. Our son has high functioning autism, and for some unknown reason, family won't babysit for him. I'm thinking that they expect him to go into a meltdown or worse, and that isn't going to happen, because we have a book of social stories that we use to help explain new situations or changes in the routine for him. Oh, well, it's their loss!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2010