Cramping on mirena?

I've had it for not quite 2 months and I have been bleeding and really hungry. But now I'm still bleeding but I'm cramping really bad. Is this normal. Since it just started?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Health

• I have the Mirena, I never really bled much because I was still nursing right before I got it. If your bleeding is excessive, I'd call your doctor's office and just ask to speak to a nurse, see if you need to be checked. I do have cramps from time to time and I've had mine for 3 years now. I have gained 15 lbs since I got it, and I work out, run and eat very healthy. Stepping up my workout has really done nothing. The weight gain is all in my stomach area. My husband had a vasectomy in February so I could just get this thing out of me. The only thing i will miss is not having a period.

Anonymous

• I had it for about a year and half and got it taken out cuz me n hubby are trying for baby number two. I remember bleeding for about a month or two after getting it put in. Every once in awhile I would cramp but I loved not having periods. I think I had maybe one while on it after the initial bleeding of having it get put in.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 4:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2010