Do you eat when you are bored?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Yep, its fun...but not good on my hips.
    Anonymous

• I think I mostly eat when I don't know what else to do.
    Anonymous

• I did. But now I try to consciously determine whether I'm actually hungry whenever I get the munchies, and if I'm not, then I'll get some water and do something else like read. It's actually worked wonders.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• ....and when i'm happy, and when i'm sad, depressed, angry, excited and HUNGRY! lol
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 2:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• nope. that's the quickest way to turn into a blimp. emotional eating is a HUGE (pardon the pun) no-no! Drink some water.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:03 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Yeah, I'm a boredom eater. I've changed my eating habits and lost 65 lbs in the last year, but honestly...the boredom eating can creep back up on me. It's hard.
    Anonymous

• Yes and I get bored easily and a lot so I have to be careful. I lost 50 and don't want it back so I watch what I eat now. On days I splurge I work out immediately to work it off. Not sure if it helps but it stops my guilt!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:22 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I try really hard not to. I have worked to get tuned into my body and only feed it when it's actually hungry! To fight the boredom munchies, I usually chew on a piece of minty gum. That actually works really well for me. I notice too that the only time I'm really ever prone to mindless snacking is at night, after the kids go to bed when I might catch a TV show or two, so a lot of times I will go ahead and brush, rinse with mouthwash, and floss before or while I'm vegging out. Having a fresh clean mouth helps deter me from eating. It's kind of a signal that my eating for the day is done, if that makes sense!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:40 AM on Mar. 19, 2010