So we let someone borrow our expensive drill and tools

So when we first moved on base we met a couple that were nice and needed tools to put theyre bed together as they are newlyweds, me and my husband decided to help them out so they could put theyre bed and theyre sons crib together we let them borrow our tools and drill set.
Its been almost 2 months they will not return it after we have been over there, tehy will not answer, they will not reply to emails, txts nothing.
We now need our tools back so i called the wife today and she picked up then hang up, then i called again and she answered and iu said "Hey there, i was just calling cause i need our tools and drill back" and she said "UHhuh!" giggled and then hang up on me.
What can i do? Should i get the cops involved. shes pissing me off and i dont wanna break her skinny ass in two.LOL BTW when we met her she said she was bipolar..Also i told my husband not to let them borrow the stuff and he did anyways. HELP.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Cont: BTW my father is a sherrif and he suggested that we call teh cops cause thats Larsony , but how does taht work ifwe are on base and they live off base ( the couple is military also. AF like us ) any ideas on what i should do guys?
    Anonymous

• Call the cops and maybe small claims court.
    Anonymous

• I would go to her house and knock on the door, when she answers tell her you are there for the tools and if she cannot/will not give them to you that you will call the police and press theft charges. Get your cell out and be ready to call.
    My guess is that they sold them or broke them and don't want to tell you.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2010