• In the Spotlight:

What to do!

So im about 28 weeks pregnant, last night our daughter was up puking and this morning she is fine but now me and my husband are both puking... ive been getting pains in my lower abdomen and back, and have diahreea and puking up nasty yellow crap which i think is bile... is this food poisoning or should i go to Labor and Delivery

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'd assume it is food poisoning or the flu... Just to play it safe you might want to call your doctor to see what he reccommends. Oh and the yellow stuff is bile.
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 2:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Keep as hydrated as you can. I know it's difficult when all you want to do is puke. I had a stomach virus with pg with my first and went from just feeling gross to hospital in about 3 hours because of dehydration. We were fine but it was scary for me and terrifying for DH.

Call your doctor and see how they want you to proceed. Hope you feel better quickly.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• i had a stomach bug when i was pregnant with my 3rd. Call your dr - mine prescribed phenergan to stop the throwing up so I wouldn't get dehydrated.

Answer by missanc at 2:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• its just the stomache flu, it sounds more like it.. but drink plenty of fluids!
    amanda202010

Answer by amanda202010 at 4:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2010