Severe Eczema how are others dealing? Stressing my whole situation out!

ItchyBaby

Asked by ItchyBaby at 2:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Health

• I've got severe psoriasis. kinda like excema....

where's yours? mine covers legs and hands.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:13 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I have a prescription for Elidel - best thing ever! I swear, the itch was so bad before the Elidel that I was ready to skin myself.
    Anonymous

• I also used Elidel prescription. It was amazing. On my daughter we use Eucerin the the big white tub. A lot of it after baths and every night. It helps, but doesn't take it away completely.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• have you tried food elimination to rid yourself of your eczema? a lot of people experience relief by cutting dairy or gluten.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Try plain Dove bar soap. A dermatologist recommend this for my 2-year-old and I have not see any eczema since using it. In fact, it cleared up completely after 2 or 3 baths.
    landontsmama08

Answer by landontsmama08 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Edidel is highly toxic, don't use it.

Eliminate dairy, keep baths/showers short cool and infrequent; put coconut oil on the afflicted areas.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:02 AM on Mar. 19, 2010