Do you make your kids eat the dinner you make?

If they refuse the eat or even try what you made do you make them something else?

rochellecole

Asked by rochellecole at 2:26 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• they eat what I make.

we've always got something they either like or have eaten before. and something new(ish)

if they refuse they go to their rooms - and if they beg for food later they get what was served earlier.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I'm not a short order cook. so no. If they won't even try it, then thats their choice and that choice leads to going to bed hungry. If I make something that I KNOW my kids won't eat, then yes I will make them something else, but otherwise NO. I've even eaten dessert in front of them when they chose to go hungry. They learned quickly
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:29 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Unless I have accidentally made something way too spicy for my little ones (I do this sometimes), everyone has the same meal. If they choose not to eat it, then they do without for that meal.
    Anonymous

• I make her try what I make. If she doesn't like it, she can have a cheese stick, or cereal. She usually likes what she tries.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• They make what I make. If it is something knew they have to try it. If they do not want to eat that. There is always something there they like. Like fruit and viggie. If it is like meat I know my oldest does not like. I will not force her to eat that. But she loves the other things.
    Anonymous

• Out of everything i cook...my son is bound to like something..i havent found anything besides lettuce he doesnt like yet...so yepp he eats with us...and when the kids are older they will atleast try everything on their plate..i will not MAKE anything special order you dont like it..eat a sandwich, some cereal or go to bed!!! I wouldnt purposefully make things that i know my family doesnt like though!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• My older children are 7 & 8. They eat what I cook for dinner. When they were younger I made exceptions to some point. I tired to make sure that there was always something in the meal that they liked.
    Anonymous

• Yeah,I make my son whatever he wants.I'd do the same for my husband too.Sometimes by the time I make it I no longer am in the mood for it,so I have something else. I'm not having a big fight and drama over a meal. So not worth it.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I try to cook things that the whole family likes, but if the kids refuse to eat, then they don't get anything else for the night. Otherwise, they would eat one bite of food, and then want a "snack". I always start them with a small serving, and let them get seconds if they are still hungry. This way there is less waste, and I can expect them to eat all their food, because it is not much to begin with. I never try to force them to eat. If they just don't want to eat, then they can leave the table, but I always remind them that they will not get any snacks if they are not going to eat their dinner. If they come back later and want to eat, I will heat up their plate for them.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 4:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• They eat what I make or go to bed hungry.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2010