Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can someone please tell me what it's called...???

I have an 18 X 24 inch window type whole in the wall above my kitchen sink; its between my kitchen and living room. It's basicalliy like if Im standing in front of my kitchen sink, I can see right through to my living room. Anyway, I don't like how plain it looks & Im trying to get some decorating ideas from the internet but I cant find anything because Im not sure what the damn thing is actually called..LOL. Yea i feel like an idiot but, is there an actual name for this "wall opening"? Does anyone have suggestions on how I can decorate this area in a very simple, elegant way? Thanks in advance.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

Answers (5)
  • I think it's a pass-through. BTW, I've seen a couple where people found a neat stained glass image and hung it in there.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

  • yep, pass-through

    love the idea of getting a stained glass image for it!

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

  • OP

    Thanks so much for the info!!!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

  • Its a pass-through so 1 you can pass food from living room to kitchen, and most importantly so the person at the sink can see and talk to the people in the living room. My inlaws have one between their kitchen and dining room.

    You could look for a stain glass piece to hang there or some shears on a spring rod.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

  • Custom wine rack.

    Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.