Baby registry etiquette question.

This is my third baby but my youngest is 7 so I don't have any baby stuff left over. Oh and this is my first baby shower. So the question is how to word it on the registry sites and invites. I understand no1 has to give us anything and I want to show we are appricative and also that we are not overly picky. Here's what I have put up on my first one ' We would like to thank you in advance for anything you choose to give us. We appricate it all.' What do you ladies think? Just don't wanna come across as greedy. I also picked things 30 bucks or less to stay within a good budget.

nautired

Asked by nautired at 3:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'd skip the registry completely.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• "Thanks in advance" sound like you expect something and don't want to be bothered with writing thankyou notes. Leave the note off and choose things in all price ranges. Some people may want to spend more, and some may want to go together and get something nicer.
    Anonymous

• I thought about that but then people will ask where are you registered and what do you need. When I didn't have babyshowers with my other two I got this question over and over again lol.
    nautired

Answer by nautired at 3:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I would just say something more like, "if you feel compelled to buy a gift, the mother to be is registered at such and such" and also, I hope someone else is doing it for you!!! You should be able to relax and have a good time, not worry about throwing yourself a baby shower!
    Anonymous

• Oh, also, you could just create and add a little card (like target gives out little button looking cards) that simply say "The mother-to-be is registered at Target"
    And that is just easy and not tacky at all! Peopl DOOOO want to know where you're registered!
    Anonymous

• My shower invites stated where i was registered!! But i agree saying thanks ahead of time sounds like you assume you will get something, or your expecting it...Most people didnt get anything on my registry anyway...but actually doing it was FUN!!! Go for things you want..maybe a couple things you need...hopefully people will leave you gift reciepts just in case!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Thanks ladies I think I will remove the thanks in advance.
    nautired

Answer by nautired at 3:26 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I have had some friends that had cute little cards inside the invite envelope that said " The mother is registered at ( where ever)" It was just small and a nice thing instead of the big oh well here is where you get my gifts. I wouldn't say thanks in advance ,LOL. I would just get some really cute thank you cards and send those out afterwards. Congrats!

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I would go with the little card inside the invite, sounds like a nice way of presenting it. Shopping for the registry was fun, but I only got one thing from it. It turned out I didn't need it anyway, but it was nice to at least be able to exchange it for some of the things I needed and didn't get.
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 9:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2010