What age....

About what age do they roll over, or start to stay up more throw the day.. i dont get sleep at night. I am a new mommy of 1.

2010CLZD

Asked by 2010CLZD at 3:17 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Every baby is different- some sleep a lot and others cat nap. My DD started rolling over at about 5 months. She slept great in her swing, and even was content there sometimes for a spell, same with her bouncy chair. She didn't sleep through the night until about 11 months, but after 7 months or so she only got up once at night to eat which really helped me get some rest. Be willing to try different things- I always said I would never sleep my baby in bed with me and with the exhaustion of a newborn that went out the window by the second night at home. I would sleep holding her in my glider sometimes, too. When the exhaustion sets in I think you just have to do whatever works. But hang in there, this phase might last a while, or be short, but it will not last forever. And accept any help offered to you from family, friends, etc. and take every chance to rest- chores can wait if you need some sleep. Good luck!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• thank you so much. he sleeps with me in bed is that bad because now he will not sleep in his bed only with me.
    2010CLZD

Answer by 2010CLZD at 3:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• No it isn't bad. I cosleep. Babies wake at night, only a minority sleep long stretches and even they have bouts of waking.
    Once you larn how to sleep and urse efficiently it gets loads better because you adjust
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• JJ rolled over a t 2 months and keep your baby on a routine. Let sunlight in during the day and keep it dark at night.
    JJsmom1126

Answer by JJsmom1126 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• My youngest rolled over at 7wks but thats early. "Normal" age is around 3 mths. I coslept with him until he was 2 mths or so. He was breastfed so he woke up every 1-2 hrs. I was exhausted by the time he was 3 wks old that I could barely function during the day so I felt like I didn't have much of a choice. It was a hard transition when I moved him to his crib. It's harder for you than it is for them. Ultimately do what you feel is right because chances you can trust your instincts (even being a new mommy). Good luck.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Sleeping with your baby isn't "bad". You have to do it safely, and both you and baby need to be comfortable doing so. You need to be OK with the fact that it MIGHT be hard to get him to sleep in his own crib/bed down the road, but, it also might be very easy.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• thank you every one. i really need tips. Thank you very much.
    2010CLZD

Answer by 2010CLZD at 9:55 PM on Mar. 18, 2010