( Infant Neck Rash )

( I have a doctors app. tomorrow for it )

I'm just kind of curious what it may be, and what is used to treat it....

3 1/2 months old, from ear to ear neck to chin, red bubbly rash, looks ouchy. I clean it daily, and dry it, When doing so today it kind of tore open a little like a thin thin cut, a little blood?

I feel so bad for her : ( poor baby

Anyone else go through something similar???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well like I said, I left it on for awhile then washed and dried it and applied the Aveeno soothing cream. The antifungal did not work for me just made it more weepy. It worked for me and not everyone is going to agree with each other, of course.
    Sacheen.T.

Answer by Sacheen.T. at 6:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Could it be a heat rash? I know in most places it's still kinda cold but babies have a lot of folds especially under their necks that chaff. My babies had this problem I  put a little baby powder under their necks and in little folds after washing and drying thoroughly.

nautired

Answer by nautired at 3:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Maybe a yeast infection too. Update us please.
    Anonymous

• That does not sound good at all I would talk to the Dr and see if you can get anything for it. I would think baby poweder might help or even butt cream..if it is a yeast you might try some yeast infection cream
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I just went through this about 3 months age. Doc will probably say to put some kind of clotrimazole(antifungal- athlethes foot cream). I would wash the neck area, pat it dry, put some cornstarch on to dry it out, wait awhile and then clean and pat dry and then put Aveeno baby soothing cream on. Do it a couple times a day. I didn't really feel comfortable putting the antifungal on a lil one so small, so I had my own method.
    Sacheen.T.

Answer by Sacheen.T. at 4:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• That is a yeast infection rash, also called thrush. Your dr will give you Nystatin cream and it will clear up in a few days. They hurt and will get much worse if left untreated. Please don't listen to SacheenT. Cornstarch feeds the yeast and will make a yeast infection worse. Antifungals are very safe and clear up yeast infections fast.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2010