Aunt needing some babysitting advice?

I'm 26 years old..i've been a teacher in daycares for the past couple of years...I've recently been babysitting my two nephews 3 and 1 year...the mother works very little and is home with both kids often. the 3 year old does go to a preschool two days a week. The 3 year old is fine doesnt cry when mom and dad leave...but the youngest screams the entire time...i know in daycare we let them say their byes and then we quickly get their attention elsewhere so they dont see mom actually leaving..but the mother cant do that..so i'm stuck with the child knowing their mom is leaving..nothing i seem to do helps so i didnt know if there were others who could give some advice. the 3 year old use to do this with me and didnt stop this until 6 months ago...the youngest use to be such a happy lovable boy you'd look at him and he'd smile..now as soon as i walk into the door..he screams..cause he knows when i come mom leaves!

giggalz41

Asked by giggalz41 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know if this would help or not, but could you go and visit the kids on days when you are not babysitting them? Maybe if they see you at other times too they will be more comfortable around you and not mind so much when mom leaves.
    Anonymous