Does dog pee ruin grass?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• yes
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• yep. it can.
    Anonymous

• Hasn't ruined mine and had him for 8 years. But that could be because my husband takes care of the lawn properly.

Anonymous

• yes, it leaves yellow spots of dry grass on your lawn after a while. i guess you're supposed to water it down after your dog pees so it doesn't happen, but it's so inconvenient to get the hose out after every single time your doggy goes... =\
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 4:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• You should wash it after, had a puppy that i was watching for a while and i would pick up poop and wash after they peed. What more important nice grass or being lazy?
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 5:12 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Yep.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:22 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Yes. Especially if the animal urinates in the same general area continuously.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Sure does, it ticks me off too because I DO NOT have a dog. The neighborhood I am in just lets their dogs run around during summer and they always poop and pee in my yard leaving nice little yellow spots everywhere in my front yard!
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 7:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Oh yes..the bigger the dog..the more the pee....the grosser the grass!
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• it can...it's because of the acidity in the dog's urine. If you go to your local pet store you can get a product to fix the problem. One type goes on your lawn, the other type is a vitamin-like tablet that you feed to your dog, alters the acidity in the urine
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 9:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2010