I'm trying to help a friend out. Question about California child support.

Her husband is paying child support. His daughter is supposed to come visit them. Now her mom is saying she is not going to let her fly out to see them, even though my friend already bought her a plane ticket. The bio mom also signed an agreement that she would pay them back if she refused to let them see his daughter which of course she is saying she won't pay. Her question is, if the mom refuses to let her daughter visit, does she forfeit her right to child support?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well CS and visitation are 2 different issues. She is in the wrong. If she signed agreement she has to abide by it. Take it back to family court.

Anonymous

• Child support cannot be denied because of visitation.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the others visitation and child support are 2 different issues. I would say go to the family court.
    Anonymous

• Thank you.
    Anonymous