No racism against whites?

In another post about racism, this answer was given:

There's a lot of racism towards many minorities, mostly blacks, Hispanics, and Middle Eastern folks.

NO, there is not racism against white people, sorry. White people being called "cracker" or "white bitch" on occasion is not even a blip on the racism board.

I do not feel bad for white people who don't get a job over a black person. Sorry! Blame your own ancestors for that. If blacks and other minorities hadn't been treated as inferior and subhuman in the first place, we wouldn't have those sorts of "rules". And just because a minority gets a job over you DOESN'T mean it was affirmative action, because *gasp* minorities are educated now too! Perhaps they're WAY more qualified than you!

Do you agree or disagree? For the record, I think racism of all types is wrong, and I do believe that there is racism towards all races.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Ugh. The person who said that is just ignorant. I would imagine she's one of the people out there throwing around the words "cracker" and "white bitch", thinking she's entitled to do so because her ancestors MAY have been slaves, and the "cracker" she's smack-talking MAY have had ancestors that owned a slave.

She's also woefully ignorant of the fact that your skin doesn't have to be colored (black, hispanic, middle eastern) for your race to have been persecuted. Crissy listed a few of the most well-known (Jews, Irish, Serbians).
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 4:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Totally DISAGREE!
    Anonymous

• Lol, Typical, you take the fact that you are failing in life and use your ancestors as your excuse. "OMG, my uncle was a slave 200 years ago, thats why I flunked out of high school and get to visit my 19 babies daddies in prison every month!" Take responsibilty for your own damn actions people. It doesn't matter what race you, you could be green for all I care, but if you screw up as an adult, its YOUR fault nobody else's and you should be treated the same as EVERY other screw up, regardless of race!
    Anonymous

• Wow than the Irish slave's descendants should be entitled to a job over a "minority". Ignorant people don't realize every race has been through some type of tribulation. The Irish were enslaved along with the Africans. The Jews have been slaughtered. The Serbians were enslaved for hundreds of years. All of those people appear white. Yet they went through just as much if not worse than African slaves. I am 2nd generation Irish born in America and I can promise you there is nothing to "Blame my own ancestors for". My husband is 2nd generation Serbian and I promise his grand parents came here to avoid the Nazi's. Those that said the stuff you posted need a wake up call!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• She's the reason why most other race's don't like blacks, that entitlement attitude. Yeah slavery was wrong but a lot of wrong things happen in this world. Blacks have brought it on themselves by not raising thier children right , living off PA, killing each other, and having the cry baby pity party attitude.

Anonymous

• Disagree, and she's the reason many people don't like other races.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 5:05 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I disagree with her and told her so in the post..
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Disagree. Whites are descriminated against everyday. It's not even about the derogitory names either. Every race has been inslaved, abused, neglected, treated with prejudice. It is not one race, on minority, or even one majority. Every race has had hardships in their past that would make anyone's skin crawl. Even whites. It is absolutely silly to think because the US inslaved blacks that means that 1. All whites are racist and 2. Blacks are the only race that's been oppressed and treated with prejudice. They're not, just as other minorities aren't the only ones.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:22 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• there were slaves everywhere not just in america know your history....
    Anonymous

• My very wise grandmother would often say...

"It's doesn't matter where you started out in life, it's where you end up that matters."

In other words, stop making excuses, and rise above your humble beginnings, by making the most of your life.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2010