Okay, Mom's who had unplanned pregnancies

Was it failure to use protection or failure of the protection. Answer anon if you would like. If you used no protection why? Were you under informed, thought you would get lucky, forgot, caught up in the moment...Whatever...Just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• With my dd, we used the pull out method for 3 years, and then when me moved in together, i wanted to be romantic and try it. BAM! Prego with DD :) it was a surprise, because I knew it was possible, just didnt think it was that quick.
    Now, we are trying..same method, and nothing yet.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• We did not use protection. WE were told it took 6- months for a healthy couple to conceive so we were not worried about it. Well, he was a one shot wonder. It was all alright though. We wanted to get pregnant that year anyway. Just not that soon!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• *6-9 months
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• My first was not planned. Here's what happened. I was 22 and my doc would not give me another Depo shot. She said since I was on it for 2 years, I would go sterile if I stayed on it. I asked for pills then. She said she would give them to me when I got my period back, and to not worry because I wouldn't be fertile for 18 months. 6 months later without my period ever returning, I was pregnant, and got a new doctor. I know now that she was clearly a nut job.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I come from a line of very fertile women! Both of my pregnancies were unplanned. One was my stupid mistake, the other was still my mistake, but less stupid.

My first pregnancy I was very young and honestly just though we wouldn't get pregnant. We used the pull-out method. I know, that's almost asking to get pregnant, which we did!

The second pregnancy (which is currently underway), I was on the pill. I missed a few days, but thought I was in the clear (we waited a few days). Turns out I wasn't in the clear and we got pregnant!
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 4:34 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• #1 we weren't trying but not preventing it.
    #2 and #3 I had been on birth control but really sucked at tacking it every single day. Both times I thought I had gotten pregnant while on the pill so quit taking it but ended up not pregnant but then never started taking it again and just got unlucky (both times I got pregnant the one and only time we had sex in a 3 month time span).
    #4 was only half planned. We talked about and weren't preventing it. It was just a surprise that it happened so fast.
    #5 was completely unplanned and was just one of those "caught in the moment" things. Half way through I stopped him and was like, "this is a bad idea" lol. A few weeks later I realized I was pregnant.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I was told I couldn't get prego.... my SO and I were having unprotected sex for 9 months.... then bam.... lets just say I switched drs
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Our 3rd pregnancy was a surprise. We were not using any birth control and we really were not worried about pregnancy as at that point in our lives. We felt if it does happen, ok, if not that is ok too. (it also took a while to get pregnant with #1, 2 and 4) so we were a bit surprised when once was all it took for #3. Unfortunately that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• For my firstborn, my protection failed. I was on the pill. For my second child, I failed my protection. I got caught up in the moment and didn't allow the proper amount of time for my spermicide to work. For my third, I guess I thought you couldn't get pregnant after having a baby and while nursing. By the time I went back for my six week check up, I was told "Oops, you're pregnant again."
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 4:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• On the pill...religiously taking it at the same time each day. Got married and still on the pill, 2 months later started having cramps and low and behold I was preggo...Ironically we didn't use anything for the first 3 years of the relationship but had been on BC for 2 years when I got pg
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2010