When To Announce

With our first we didn't know right away that we were expecting (found out around 8 or 9 weeks) so we waited until I was about 12-14 weeks to announce it. We just barely found out we're expecting. (I'm 5 weeks along) My hubby and I are super excited, and having a hard time keeping it to ourselves. I just don't know when we should tell our families at least. I just keep thinking that I don't want to announce it and then miscarry and have to tell everyone. That would be really hard. When have you told your family/friends that you're expecting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I always told right away, but I don't have a history of miscarriage so it's not something I worried a lot about.
    Anonymous

• I have never miscarried either, so it's not something I stress about. It's just something that I'm aware could happen.
    Anonymous

• I told right away but no purposely. It was more of an I told my mom, so hubby had to tell his dad, so on and so forth..Most of my friends waited until the 3 month mark because that is when the major miscarriage risk is over.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 4:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I wait three months. I told early with our first and then miscarried. It was a pain in the rear having to tell everyone that knew I was expecting that we no longer were.
    Anonymous

• I had a miscarriage with one before I had told anyone. I think it would have been helpful to have had at least a few special people to be supportive at that time, but since no one knew what was going on I felt terribly alone. We started telling people pretty early with the next one.
    Anonymous