Do I need to go in?

Tuesday, I had diarreha throughout the day but other then that felt fine. Yesterday, I had a few loose stools but not diarreha. Saw my dr and had a cervix ultrasound and everything looked okay. Baby was low and head down but not cause for concern. Around 5 am this morning, I woke up with period like cramps. They have continued throughout the day. I have had loose stools again and been laying down trying to take it easy most of the day but am still really crampy and have back pain. I am not dehydrated and am peeing normally. I am feeling a lot of pelvic, vaginal and rectal pressure as well. I hate going in for nothing but don't know. What would you do? Oh, I'm 31 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You should go in and get checked. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 5:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• i was faced with a similar situation twice before. the first time it was premature labor at 32 weeks. i didn't go in until my water broke and the mucus plug came out. so it was a rush to the hospital...and honestly the dr's were more on a panic than us...i guess they knew how bad things could go?
    anyhow the second time was just a gastro-intestinal thing. but i went in pretty early and they hooked me up to a monitor and saw it was not uterine contractions i was feeling.
    sometimes i can be so longwinded...i would go in, better safe than sorry
    if it is not labor, you could get some probioitics and take one every other hour until you feel better...again though, talk to your dr. first.
    good luck...and i hope it is not labor!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I actually started going into premature labor around 29 weeks, unfortunately it lasted for me until 13 days over due. Drink LOTS of water to stay hydrated, and it you feel your water break go to the hospital!
    Afrontz

Answer by Afrontz at 5:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• i would go ahead and go in better to be safe than sorry and like the others mom said drink alot of water as much as you can i went into preterm labor with my son and the nurse told me every time a comercial comes on drink water till the show comes on lol
    Mommmy_To_3

Answer by Mommmy_To_3 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Is the pain coming and going, or is it constant? If it's constant, it's probably bad BH contractions. Try having some water and laying down on your left side. Is there a nurse line or pager you can call? If they contractions aren't getting any better, I'd say go in. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2010