Can you have the Epidural before they break your water?

I am scheduled to be induced on Monday, My OB said that I would go in at 5:30am and they would start the pitocin drip,then she said I should be there a few hours from then and then I will break your water. I am already dilated to 2 and a half and 70% effaced. Can they give you the epidural before they break your water cuz I dont think they can and I could have this baby before she even gets there I am worried about it..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had one, My Dr told the nurse to just go ahead and do it right away. He wanted me to be comfortable.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• you sure can
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Yes, but you don't feel your water breaking, you just feel the fluid coming out.
    Afrontz

Answer by Afrontz at 5:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• yep
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• yes. and if you dont want them to break your water, they dont have to. the induction can work w out it, it just speeds it along.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 5:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2010