Stumped by a question on the Census....

So I have to fill in "origin" AND "race". Am I the only one confused? My DH is mexican/honduran, but when it asks "race" there's no catagory for hispanic. Well, he's not WHITE! Anyone else stumped by this or have the perfect answer? I put american, but I know that doesn't count....

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 5:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• for race, put HUMAN on the 'other' line.
    DrTeacher

Answer by DrTeacher at 6:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• there is a question regarding hispanics
    Anonymous

• ... and I'm white, so what "race" is our son? Is he of hispanic origin? Bleh.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• If I remember right it said check all that apply, You could also just check other and write it in.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Yes, #8 is about hispanics. Number 9 is about race, I have to answer BOTH of them, and there is no catagory for hispanic.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Yeah, I did check other, but I don't know what to write in, since it said "hispanic is not a race". LOL!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I'd just leave it with that then, Or just write it in so they dont call you lol
    I swear before you know it they wont be able to add a race question LOL we will be so mixed it wont be funny LOL.
    Sorry it is frustrating!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I wrote in American. Thats all they need.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I would just write Mexican/ honduras and white For your son. They dont wanna add it then just write it how you want to. Alot of people do. That is how the controversial " nergo" got put on there so many wrote it in.

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Hispanic is not considered a race anymore because it applies to too many things. Blame all the people who get pissy if you identify them as the "wrong" kind of hispanic.
    Anonymous