What can I make for dinner if all my kitchen stuff is packed?

We moved yesterday. I'm sick of take out, but everything is still packed and our drop-in range is on order. I do have an oven and a microwave that I can get to, and I can go to the store on my way home from work. I need some good easy ideas for the next couple of days!

What would you make?

Thanks!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Food & Drink

• pick up a rotisserie chicken and a bag of salad, maybe some fruit and some frozen veggies

Answer by admckenzie at 5:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Sandwiches , tv dinners,

Answer by louise2 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Thanks! I think I'll pick up all of your suggestions. That should get us through until I can get the kitchen in order.
    Anonymous

• Pocketbook stew. Buy heavy duty foil. Get uncooked chicken - it can be breasts, thighs, mixed, potatoes, and other veggies your family likes cooked. If you don't get tomato to have in it you will need something that is moist like catsup to put in. For each person put a piece of meat on a big foil square. Add thin sliced veggies. Roll up sides of foil. If you think your might have leaks you can double foil. You might want to put foil on the bottom of the oven. Cook at 350 until done. It really depends on the meat and how much stuff you put in.

Kids like to get involved in making their own dinner and it can be a lot of fun.

We cook on the grill all year round. We live in Tucson now where that is somewhat normal. We did it in Indiana. In the snow! You could go get a new gas grill for your new home! Or a new or used George Foreman grill. They are always at thrift shops.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:56 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Using rotisserie chicken, biscuits, bag of frozen mixed veggies, and a can of cream of chicken soup. Pull all the chicken off the bone, mix (in a ziploc bag if no bowls yet) everything together but the biscuits. Top with biscuits and bake @350 in a foil pan from the Dollar Tree until the biscuits are done. Dp baked potatoes in the microwave. Wash them, poke holes, wrap in one paper towel, then wet it well. Microwave 15 minutes or until a fork pierces easily. Add bacon, or canned chili to top off.
    Anonymous

• Great Ideas Gaill! I'll probably hold off on the Pocketbook stew (I've done this before, but I didn't have a name for it) until the kitchen is a little more in order, but we have 3 grills (we live in Texas). Getting DH to cook tonight is a GREAT idea! It's in the 70's today too, so the kids will enjoy playing outside for a while...and maybe I can get started on the kitchen.
    Anonymous

• Thanks Anon:58. That sounds yummy too! All these quick/easy ideas are going to be great during the next couple of weeks while we are unpacking.
    Anonymous