what is better married love or the in love feeling?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think married love refers to the kind of love that isn't so on overdrive the way it is in a newer relationship. Compare it to a fire- when its fully lit, its bright and intense. after the fire dies down, the embers are actually hotter but not as overtly hot as a full fire is. That's how I see it. no relationship can survive on all passionate love- its just too hard to keep that level (and your hormones!) up that long. but that doesn't mean that married love isn't just as intense, often as passionate and more fufilling. A hot romance will never take the place of absolute trust, undying supporty, and the ability to let your guard down and be your true self and grow with someone.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Why is there a difference?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:47 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• They are the same for me =) I am married and madly in love!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 5:47 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Hopefully you have both :) I guess married love. We have that, and sometimes we have the 'in love' feeling, like when we were first in love. We go in cycles.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:47 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• happyWell let's see. I've been married 3 times and been "in love"....none of them lasted so I don't put stock in any of it. Just enjoy what you have.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• No they are not the same...they can't possibly be the same. That "in love" feeling is all about "new-ness" and the married love feeling is all about comfort, trust, shared history, understanding each other, really building a life and knowing you can count on each other. Which is better? Well the new "in love" feeling can't be beat for intensity, but I would never trade it for good strong married love. And, yes, married love can have moments of "in love" passion as well. Honestly, though, that sort of intensity makes it hard to function and keep your judgement. It is meant to fade away and be replaced with real love. Married love is better.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 5:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• They are definitely NOT the same. Romantic love fades which is why the US has such a high divorce rate. People get married for romantic love, and then it changes and they don't like it anymore.

Personally, I'm happy with married love, honestly. It's comfortable for me.
    Anonymous

• BJoan nailed it.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:13 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Had the 'in love' feeling for 10 years now. Anyone new to us would think we are a new couple. Just not married yet.
    jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 6:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• They SHOULD be the same thing.

BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 7:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2010