What is the best booster seat? I like the ones that come up tall in the back b/c my dd still falls asleep from time to time.

Which one is your favorite and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My state recommends keeping kids in a 5 point harness forward facing carseat until age 7. If she is younger than 7, she doesn't need a booster yet. Most forward facing carseats go up to 80 lbs now. If she is under 80, keep her in her carseat and save money.
    Anonymous

• How old and how big is she??
    The BEST booster seat is one that fits the child well.... a well fitting booster means the belt crosses the lap and never rides up on the tummy and crosses across the chest so that it doesn't cut into the neck or fall too far off the shoulder... so you really have to try the seats out to see which one would be best.
    A few I would look into first would be.... the Graco Turbo Booster or the Sunshine Kids monterey booster... or a Britax Parkway. The ones with headwinds would be the best choice.
    If she is under 5 years I would keep her in a harness and look at seats like the Graco Nautilus that will harness to 65 lbs and then convert to a booster... or the Britax Frontier which will harness to 80lbs and then convert. (a harness is best if she is still falling asleep, it's very important that she sit correctly at all times in a booster)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Im planning on keeping DS in a 5pt harness.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2010