Trying to start up a playgroup, Can you help?

Hi Ladies~
I am trying to start up a playgroup in my area. I have no SAHM mom friends so I really do not know where to start. I need help thinking up a really cute name. Something to catch the attention of other SAHM's. If run a playgroup in your area, how did you go about starting it? How did you advertise it? How did you get mom's to join? I would love any suggestions or ideas. I have only come up with two names for the group:
1. Lit' Sweet Peas
2. Little Bug-a-boo's

Please help me out! I would like to advertise on: My space, Cafe' Mom & Facebook. Thank you so much!
Jennifer

jennigirlygirl

Asked by jennigirlygirl at 6:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yahoo has a group finder, a lot of women I know use it you may want to put it up there also. Good luck!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 6:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Meetup.com. They charge, but you just charge minimal dues and it pays for it (they charge like $70/per 6 months, I think...). You get a calendar, message board and basically free advertising because your group pops up in search both on the site and on major search engines.

For names... I'd stick to something simple and location centered. Our group in "tri-cities moms and tots" because we're located in the tri-cities area... another group close by is the tri-valley active moms... east bay playgroup... etc... so take your location and stick it with the kind of group you want so people get the most vital info from your name (where you are and what you do).

Again, meetup will get you members right off the bat... they send out an email to people in your area interested in your topics when you start the group. Also, print up cards for free from vistaprint with your web address and make posters with your address and...
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 7:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• hand out the cards to moms at parks and story times, etc... and post the posters at the library and rec center... grocery store, etc... any where moms would be and see it.

We chare $5/6 months and have money left over to buy craft supplies (50 moms in our group)... so with just 14 moms, you could charge $5 and meet the fees. 10 moms, charge $7... etc... We have about 5 total organizers and have something planned basically every day... it's great, I love our group. I hope you get one going!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 7:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• library... get cards printedat vistaprint.com ohand out
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 10:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2010