Your Own Business - What would be yours?

If you could run your own business (At home or otherwise), what would your business be? Add any extra information that you want to share. I'm curious. My husband and I throw ideas back and forth about business ideas. We both would love to own our own, but just haven't found anything that we really would love.

JazzlikeMraz

Asked by JazzlikeMraz at 6:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• A homeschool library. I would have a huge collection of textbooks of all types, regular books of course, a science lab to use and an art room!
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I would love to do something with/for animals
    Anonymous

• I have several that I have dreamt about over the years, but there are pros and cons to all of them.
    Bakery, Aerobics Studio, Teen Center, Bowling Alley, Gameroom.

I finally settled on internet business because there is no overhead, insurance, stock, shipping, employees etc. I sell through a website, so dont' have any of the overhead, liabilities or costs associated with the above mentioned businesses and I'm not tied down to a set schedule like a shop would require.

This allows me the time and freedom to set my own schedule, take a day off when I want, work when I want and I answer to no one but me! and I love the extra time w/ grandkids!

I'm a PrePaid Legal Independent Associate - sell memberships and sign others up as Associates.
    www.prepaidlegal.com/go/maryejacobs

This is worked by many husband/wife teams and for many of these folks this is their only source of income.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 7:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Right now I run my own babysitting business at home.
    But is I had the money to do it, I would like to own a hospital uniform shop or a gift shop. I've tossed those two ideas around in my head for a long time. Just waiting for that money tree I planted in the back yard so long ago to start sprouting some money! LOL
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I am a potter, so as soon as I get my kiln going this spring I will have my own business. I would love to someday have a ceramic studio/school where I could teach classes.
    I have also always dreamed of having a bed and breakfast. My husband would own a game shop, if he could.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Sleeeping you are lucky I have always thought potters were talented and I envy their work, anytime we are at a crat fair or market it is the first thing I look for.

Right now I am working on opening a childrens clothing shop with a friend, it isnt my dream business but it will work for now and I can add my own flair to it with handmade items.

My goal is to have my own tea shoppe with herbs and natural garden and home decor, I also have been learning to do henna, I would love love love to be able to do that full time. I am crafty and love making things, I love taking flea market finds and making them in to something new. I just want to be creative lol, the herbal crafts are a newer thing for me but I am loving the amazing things you can do, i just want to take everything I love and offer it in one store lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 7:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• We have 2 small businesses, but my husband runs them both! He teaches martial arts and has a recording studio. Both of them just kind of fell into place, he already had the skill and most of the equipment for both! We were originally planning on opening a motorcycle shop where he would do the mechanics and I would run the front end & office, but every move we made on that one just ran us into a dead end.
    I'm tyring to get enough inventory of hand-made clothing, jewelry, and pet supplies to start selling my products at craft shows and farmer's markets by next summer :)
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 8:41 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I'd love to own a tanning salon, (even though I know it's not good for you) I'd have sandwiches and things for lunch so when girls run in on their lunch break they don't have to stop to get food on the way back to work! I'd also like to own a pet grooming/boarding facility!
    Kaydens_mommy06

Answer by Kaydens_mommy06 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I sell and recruit for Avon, which I love. I also own and rent out several houses and that's a great job also. I run a tiny cleaning and painting business which I don't love but I am good at.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• My husband I both have our own home business's his is with a beef jerky company with all natural products. We also have a small farm so we sell eggs and our chickens are free range these are the best kind of eggs to eat.

My home business is with a Dental/Medical Benefits company that has been around for 18 yrs, I love being home for my family when they need me and I have a passion for helping people. I had a family emergency and I was able to put my business on hold till we worked through it and I still was getting a pay check even though I was off.

It is so worth it not to have to wake up to a alarm everyday :-). Good luck in your search for greatness!

Linda
    www.Lindashomecareer.com
    Lindles

Answer by Lindles at 11:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2010