am i in the wrong?

i have a great grandmother named Elizabeth. i have wanted to name a daughter Elizabeth since i was tiny. my husband and i have descided to name baby number two Grace Elizabeth if its a girl. however my sister in law and i were pregnant together last year. ( we have a seven month old ds) she named her daughter Rayanne Elizabeth. Rayanne was born an angell at 36 weeks. she feels that everyone is trying to replace her little girl, if we go with the name we choose. what should i do? i love my sister in law but i love the name too? and I am NOT trying to replace my angel neice.

KJ_on

Asked by KJ_on at 7:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would still go with it. You aren't trying to replace anyone. YOu are doing it for the love of the grandparent and the name.
    If people thought that way about the Genevieves in my husbands family it would had stopped YEARS ago when the 3rd one died of a heart defect.
    It didn't end with her tho. There are many more including my daughter Genevieve.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Gimme a break...that's kinda self centered.
    We actually had a friend who named thier daughter elizabeth, and my husband and I liked that name anyway, but weren't trying to "copy" them and we named our daughter Elisabeth. People said we tried to copy them, but gimme a break...just because you know someone or come in contact with someone with the same name, does that mean that name is off limits? NO!
    Name your daughter whatever you want.....and how often are you going to mention thier middle names?!
    Anonymous

• it just that they lost theri little girl so they are very sensitive about it still.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 7:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I would just go on and do it. If she needs the special feeling then tell her that you mean no disrespect but you have wanted that name sicne you were a child and in no way try to replace hers.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• There's alot of different variations to Elizabeth. But, in the end, if it's a grandmothers name, then it's open.
    JoyXtwo

Answer by JoyXtwo at 8:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• You can't "own" a name Tell SIL it is in honor of your grandmother. if she still insists you are trying to copy her baby's name tell her that she copied it first from your great grandmother. I know her loss is still fresh, but you are not doing anything wrong should you stick with the name. It's kind of funny because I would think she would appreciate your honoring her loss. Stick with thename you want and don't let anyone change your mind.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:56 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• it would be a bigger deal if it were the first name of either girl. but its not. and i still dont think its thst big of a deal.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 9:03 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• If the baby was still alive would you still use the name? If you would, then go for it.
    Anonymous

• since it's to honor the grandmother i don't see a problem with it.... just be gentle explaining it to your sis bc losing a child is a sensitive subject for years and years
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• i had issues with my sister inlaw that isnt even in a relationship, she wants to name hers shelby jean and i wanted to name mine carrol shelby, my hubby is a major ford fan and thats what i came up with well she threw a fit so i said what does it matter u dont even have a boyfriend..bugger off... do what you want hun.
    Anonymous