REAR FACING CAR SEATS

My baby is 7 1/2 months and weighs 20 lbs and about 28 inches long. I just bought a convertible car seat, which is rear facing in the center of the seat and her feet are just touching the seat. Is anyone else having this problem? I was told that her feet shouldn't touch the back seat because she could break a leg if in an accident.

kyliegirl28

Asked by kyliegirl28 at 7:47 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ya my daughters feet touch but by law you cant turn them around til 1.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:48 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I turned my DS around at 10mos. He was 26lbs, and 31" long.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 7:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• A broken leg is better than a broken neck any day.
    Anonymous

• There is no evidence that rear facing causes broken legs. Nowday's it is recemended that children raer face until they are two.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• You can go on YouTube and watch videos that make a big point about how it doesn't matter if the child's legs are way too long.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I was 23in. at birth. If I was born nowadays, My feet would bave been touching long before i turned one. Just leave him rear facing. Like the others said, a broken legs is far better than broken neck or internal decapitation.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• my son is 28lbs and 33 inches at 11 months and his touch the back of the seat he doesn't mind it at all...you should keep him RF til at least a yr at the minimum. i would keep him RF to the max of the seat but thats just my opinion and what im doing for my son
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 8:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Keep him rear facing until ATLEAST one! No exceptions.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• um . does k. you rather have broken legs then a broken neck. my dd was rear facing till 33 mts and she was 36 inches tall. and my ds will rear face until he is 3
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• i turned my daughter around when her legs touched the seat. i dont like being scrunched up, and i wouldnt do that to my dd. plus, she is a much happier car rider, i think she was around 10 months when i turned her.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 18, 2010