Is anyone else scared?

I am so scared about what is happening to your economy. I was laid off in June of last year with no job in sight. Hubby might be soon, not sure yet. I am so scared about where our country is going. Am I alone?

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 7:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• Not at the moment no.
    May I ask where you live?
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:55 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I think if your prepared, you shouldn't be scared, so while you still have one job, try to find another job...any job if you can!
    Stock up your pantry with a back supply of food, so if one or both of you are laid off again, that you have some food to fall back on. Save your money, and cut back wherever you can, even if you have the money to afford luxuries. Save save save! Get out of debt if you can, to the extent you can. shop on clearance for sales on clothing, food, home supplies and toiletries etc.
    Do all that you can to prepare yourself for the unknown!
    Anonymous

• Oh no no no - I am certainly scared too. What makes it increasingly scary is that the entire globe is experiencing severe economic downturn, not just the USA...... I think there is a natural progression, then peak, then downturn. We peaked as a society and as a world....I really think things will be more and more devastating until we find innovators to lead us back to progress again. The problem is: Are there any innovators left? With education down and laziness up - can we really even hope for things to turn around quickly? I don't think so....I think innovators will rise again when things get really bad and we are forced to become desolate, humbled.

HOWEVER, on the other hand - I have great faith in God and hope in a continuing future that is bright. No matter what, we are going through events that are unique and humbling. I hope we are all reminded of what is important, truly important.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 8:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• No, the days ahead are black as night. The worse is still to come. Stand up and fight. We are the only ones who can stop what is
    being done in America today. Like Obama said he wants to fundamentally change America and is well on his way.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• No I am not scared. I have always believed if it is to be it is up to me. So I have not relied on someone else to make my life what I wanted I have always done it on my own. I think more people need to take care of themselves and not rely on another to provide their security.
    Anonymous

• No, not at all. I was just offered yet another job! I have turned down quite a few lately... The economy is getting better, not worse! Unemployment is down and most places are seeing at least a slight hike in sales... Home sales are up, auto sales are up... things are getting better!
    Anonymous

• No, I'm not scared at all... From what I can tell, things are looking up! If you can't find jobs, you should move here... we have plenty! the job boards are packed!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:26 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I am nervous about the economy also. I work two jobs now. I teach during the day and work at the local library at night and Saturdays . I am thinking of adding one 24 hour shift of being a sitter for the elderly from Saturday evening to Sunday evening. It would add another 1oo a week to my income. I just am not sure if at my age(51) I can handle that many hours. It is scary out there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Contact me offlist if you need job search advice. I do career and job search coaching (I do not charge CafeMoms for my services)

Answer by rkoloms at 6:40 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• If you have debt that you need to take care of I can offer you some options. FREE ADVICE!

Feel free to message me here or you can call me @ 877-642-4812. You can also visit my website dynastyfinacialservices.com

Best of luck
    DFSNIKKI

Answer by DFSNIKKI at 12:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2010