Tips On how to deal with this in the best way...

Please dont judge I am about to have my baby boy on Monday.I have a 2 year old daughter as well. What are some tips on how to handle both at the same time? My hubby works all the time and is going to be off but still prolly wont help a lot.... So I dont know if any of you have your kids this close together in age but I just would like to know what to expect kind of or your stories. I am nervous about it because i want them to have the same attention and I dont want my little girl resenting me when he is here she is in the phase where everything is hers and is glued to my hip 24/7 lol any tips? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I just had my daughter 3 weeks ago. My son is about 2 1/2. So far, it has been okay. My son is having a hard time adjusting. I am trying to include him in all aspects of the new baby's life. He brings her diapers (most of the time) and I try not to force the baby onto him. I ask if he wants to kiss her and he usually says no. That is okay. i also say things like "can you believe you were once that tiny- I am so glad you are a big brother now to help me out with her. Babies can't talk. It is nice having you around to talk with" I am trying to avoid him reverting into any baby actions, etc.
    One negative thing that has developed since baby has been home is my sons terrible sleep patterns. We have been allowing him to fall asleep on the couch and he comes into our room in the middle of the night. We are going to try to change this soon.
    Take it day by day. Congratulations!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:47 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• My daughters are almost exactly 2 years apart. When I was pregnant with the 2nd one, I worried like crazy about mostly the same stuff as you. And you know what? It all worked out. My 2 year old never had any problems with the baby, never felt neglected, never jealous. Sure, it was a little tougher taking care of 2 little ones, but anyone who is not completely lazy shouldn't have any problems doing it. What I'm trying to say is that your fears are probably far worse than the reality will be. Don't fret too much--you will all be okay!
    PS--your 2 year old needs to get used to the idea NOW that she is not the center of the universe, either in your home or in the real world. Learning to share attention and cooperate will serve her very well.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:48 AM on Mar. 19, 2010