How to get someone to speak with their Dr about memory loss?

I am not 100% but speaking with my aunt lately she just really seems as if she is losing her mind. She will repeat the same converstation a few hours later and then be really upset when you say that she had already said that. She will swear up and down that she didn't. She does it very often. She is also starting to confuse names fairly easy. I just worry about her so much and I don't want to make her feel bad. She is only 40 and I don't want her thinking I am calling her granny. I just worry because she has a young daughter who is 10 and I don't want it to be one of those she spaces and forgets to get her some where or something. I just don't know how to suggest her speaking with her Dr.
Ideas?

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Health

• I think you should talk to her husband and he should go to the doctor with her and hear what the doctor has to say. My grandmother recently was diagnosed with Alzheimers and only because my aunt went with her did we find out. Before that when she went to the doctor, she would come back and say everything was "fine." Luckily it's at the early stage and she has a medication that reverses/halts the progress and my grandmother is doing much better. I can tell just from talking on the phone to her because she lives a few states away.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Early onset of Alzeihmers is faily uncommon but its such a sad thing to deal with. Has she ever wondered off or anything like that? Maybe you could call her doctor and suggest he bring it up at her next dr's appointment.. if you know who he/she is?
    Anonymous

• I don't know but I can ask my uncle. She is a very wondering off kind of person, I am just so worried, Thanks for the tip Ill see about getting the Drs number and just saying they should try bringing it up .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Is your uncle her husband or her brother??
    Anonymous

• Husband, She is not my bio aunt, She married in.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Have you talked to him about it? Has he noticed changes in her? Perhaps he could bring it up to her and they could see the doc together?
    Anonymous