Please help, ladies!

My cousin is having terrible shooting pain in her lower abdomen. She is on her period, and just went to the restroom and had a big clot come out. She's 21, never had a child and isn't currently sexually active. Her pain is scaring her, so I told her I'd ask the cafemom ladies. Anyone know what this may be? She says it's not cramps, it's a sharp stabbing pain. Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Health

• She honestly should not be waiting for answers. Honestly it sounds like this would merit an ER visit. She should be checked out asap.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• agreed.
    call a dr. now.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:48 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Could be ruptured cyst.... don't freak out. It is common (somewhat) for some people to have them. Yes, they hurt like hell when they pop, and yes, they seem more susceptible to bursting during menstruation. The pain is sharp, hurts like hell, almost like you've been stabbed - heat pad will help for now, or a long hot bath. Midol for regular cramping and see you gyno asap , please. We can offer you only so much. She needs to have an internal sonogram to rule out fibroid tumors.
    ItsNotSoBad

Answer by ItsNotSoBad at 8:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• It could be endometriosis! I have it and it was very painful before I had my daugher. Luckily, for me having her helped. I would have the worst cramps, and bleeding! The only way to be diagnosed is to have a laparoscopy done. They put you to sleep, full your belly full of air, and insert a tube with a camera into your belly button and look around. Most GYN's are against it unless they HAVE to do it mainly because there's already scar tissue in your abdomen (if you have Endometriosis) and surgery only causes more. It's something she could ask her GYN about! It's very common, but no cures for it yet! Hope she feels better!
    Kaydens_mommy06

Answer by Kaydens_mommy06 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• like how big was the clot? bigger than a golf ball i would worry.... smaller than that and i think it was probably just cramping to pass the clot
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2010