I want to start eating 5-6 small meals a day. Any tips?

I'm vegan as well.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• find out how many calories a day you need now or need to lose weight and divide it by the times a day you want to eat, and kind of make up meals that stay within that allotment of calories.
    Anonymous

• How do i figure how many I need to loose weight? OP
    Anonymous

• Don't think 'meals' is sounds formal. Just keep healthy things in the fridge and keep an actual or mental count of the things you are eating. Try to shop often and eat fresh foods with little waste.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Subtract 500 calories a day 7 days a week = 1 pound ... Just be careful, eating more meals can actually cause you to eat more calories a day. How many calories do you eat now a day? Track that for a week and that will give you a good idea.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• CLEAN EATING!

thats the basic theory of clean eating - many small meals rather than 3 big ones.

there's a group on cafe mom.

and a book by Tosca Reno - but also lots of websites you can google.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• What are some ideas for them? OP

I probably eat aroud 1100-1200 now.
    Anonymous

• How much weight are you wanting to get rid of? If you are eating that little, weight should not be a big issue unless you just started, drink alot of calories or have some sort of health issue.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• smaller dishes... really.
    when you have a large plate you tend to put more on it.
    Anonymous

• 20 pounds. I've been working out three days a week and cutting back for about a month and haven't felt like I've lost any weight. Op
    Anonymous

• Keep track of what you actually eat, if you are working out you may need to up your calories some. If your body goes into starvation mode, it makes it very difficult to lose weight. Also it can take time to see the results but clothes etc should start to feel better on. Muscle weights more than fat also, so you may be losing fat but gaining muscle..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2010