Question about contractions....

I am a person who can handle my pain very well but was wondering when the real contractions start.....not braxton hicks like I have been having all the time now lol do they hurt really really bad at 5 mins part or are they just like mild cramping or what? I just want to know what to look for kinda so I dont just sit here wondering lol thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well every woman is different but when mine where 5 min apart it was unbarable
    Anonymous

• I consider myself to have a high pain tolerance but they hurt like hell and were wayyy different from braxton hicks. It feels like your abdomen is being wrung out like a wet towel. Some women have said they aren't too painful but I had no meds and there's no pain like it. Definitely worth it though.
    Anonymous

• the contractions that got me up and to go to the hospital were not that bad. i went in with the mindset that i didnt need meds. however 3 hours after i got checked in, they started pumping me with pitocin, and around 7 1/2 cms, i couldnt take it anymore and get an epi. i totally think it would be different if i wasnt forced into labor. i really think that is the key factor as to how much it hurts. with the pitocin, your body doesnt have the down time in between the contractions, so its one painful one after another after another.
    i didnt have braxton hicks, so i have nothing to compare to with that.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• mine didn't hurt. i laugh that if it weren't for the water breaking i wouldn't know i was in labor!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:17 PM on Mar. 18, 2010