arent there laws with giving breaks for x amount of hours worked?

i always thought for an 8 hr shft you are suppose to by law get 2 15 min and a half hour lunch. my husband nver takes breaks anymore, he used to call me on his 15 and then come home during lunch(we live 3 blocks away) and lately he said he cant do breaks but as a government facility i would think they would obey laws....maybe im wrong

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• "he did fool around with a co-worker which is part of the reason this bothers me "

Ah. You have cause, then. Where there is smoke there is fire.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I dont think so.. there maybe be laws that one can take a break.. but not that one has to. I dont get breaks where i work..
    Anonymous

• only if it's a large company, and these laws vary by state and vary depending on whether or not the company is nation wide or local.

Anonymous

• I believe it's 2 15 min paid breaks and a 30 min not paid break or something of the combo. I always used to work 8 hours with a paid 30 min lunch, and didn't take breaks.
    Anonymous

• op here

the weird thing is a friends mom works the same place and she gets all her breaks
    Anonymous

• maybe he's getting his breaks and just doesn't want to call you on each one anymore.
    Anonymous

• maybe he'd rather get paid to work those breaks instead of taking them.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, it's a 15 paid break for every four hours your working. And if your working over six hours it's a 30 minute lunch unpaid.
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 9:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• He's probably taking them but doesn't want to call. And don't read too much into that. I don't want my husband calling me three times a day, and I'm not fooling around behind his back. I just don't need to hear the same conversation three times. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 9:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• he did fool around with a co-worker which is part of the reason this bothers me
    Anonymous