car seat in suburban

Hi, I have a 2002 suburban and i have a britax Decathalon car seat. I do not feel comfortable placing the seat near a door (behind the driver is really the only other place) but when placed in the center the car seat tilts to the left due to the seat that folds the car seat itself is really well anchored but my son who has severe GERD is miserable during our trips. I have tried to level the seat with towels but it does not really stay in place. Anyone with this problem and any solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

momof651

Asked by momof651 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The carseat IS safe behind the driver! That is the second safest place in the car, the middle being the first. If you cannot get a good install in the middle, then the drivers side is second best! If you would like help, contact a carseat safety technician in your area to help you. Go to safekids.org and there should be some links to direct you. If you have anymore questions let me know, Im training to be a tech next month. also, join the carseat group,those girls are really great on here!
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 12:41 AM on Mar. 19, 2010