Sooooo swollen

Anyone swell really bad when they were prego? Any tricks to get it to go down? I am miserable. And my BP is perfect!

Cherish050307

Asked by Cherish050307 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Drink plenty of water and move around as much as possible. Go for a walk. It'll suck while you are doing it but you'll feel much better in a few hours.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:05 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I agree with the above post. FYI - my neice's BP was great, a little low even, and she had a ton of swelling. Ended in a seizure. Her BP never went high at all but all her labs came back after with the signs of eclampsia.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 10:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• ask them about protein in your urine and over all renal function!-- PIH can be present even with normal BP and it can kill you-- I had it with my first pregnancy they realized it in the delivery room when I was birthing my pre term infant and in acute renal failure! my highest BP was 106/60 -- they missed my diagnosis and I almost died as a result... in the delivery room it was the Midwifery STUDENT who realized what my problem was-- (I was going to a doctor the doctor I''d had for YEARS and YEARS he never picked up in the clues he has been in practice over 30 years and is still on News Weeks top 100 doctors list) If I had not agreed to allowing a student to watch my delivery and use me as a case study I probably would never have known why and what happened
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:22 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Please email me if you have any questions about eclampsia in light of a normal blood pressure but please please please have them check into your swelling further
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Drink lots of water, that's the only thing that helped me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:30 AM on Mar. 19, 2010