Back Pain could it have been from my epidural?

My son is now 16 months old. i have been having back pain to the point im unable to move. I was wondering if it could e from my epidural i had with my son. when i got my epidural i jumped and the needle moves and went to one side. therefore when i was in labor i couldn't feel my right side at all and i could feel everything on my left. could the mistake resault in my have extrame back pain?

Kyle_wify

Asked by Kyle_wify at 10:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Health

• Yes it could be. i have pain in my back and is from the epi. i have had 2. one of them was not good
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:06 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Yes. And thats the exact reason they have you sign a waiver. It's a possible side effect.
    Anonymous

• Where exactly is the pain in your back? I had my epidural put in 5 times, he kept hitting a nerve so my whole body would shake, then ended up not putting it in right so I felt everything. Now, the right side of my lower back, down my butt and down my leg hurts and I can barely feel my right leg. I have yet to figure out what is wrong because nobody wants to treat me (except the physical therapist I saw for 2 months with no luck) considering the reason behind WHY my back is the way it is. Sometimes I can't even walk. I KNOW my epidural did it, it is the same pain I felt when I got it the 5 times.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Wouldn't the pain of labor been less severe than years of back pain that might not get fixed, and you can't even point a finger since you signed a piece of paper saying you understand the risks?!?
    Anonymous

• Marix3, sounds like sciatica to me. It can be brutal.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 10:13 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• i didn't want an epi. but the doc said that he was going into a c-section and if i wanted it at all i had to get it then... i wanted to try without it. i don't even remember if i signed anything about the epi.
    Kyle_wify

Answer by Kyle_wify at 10:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Yes it could definitely be the cause.  A chiropractor sorted me out.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• i go to a chiro but sometimes most of the time it doesnt work and i have an amazing chiro after getting ajusted you get a 10 min message
    Kyle_wify

Answer by Kyle_wify at 10:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• It is not unusual to feel pain from an epidural more than a year later.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:30 AM on Mar. 19, 2010