lol...fetal hiccups?

is there a way to help the baby inside "cure" his hiccups? I just feel bad that he has to go through those, lol

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• why? it doesn't hurt them. it is preparing them for breathing.... strengthening the diaphragm

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• my first son did this a lot!
    i had no idea it was hiccups for a while, i thought i was going to have a spastic child :)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• It doesn't hurt them. It's actually the fetus practicing breathing. It's good for them. It's not like our hiccups with our diaphragms getting all out of whack and starting to get painful. Don't worry about it. :)
    Anonymous

• I was the same as happy2bmom.... it was only ever at night time and always in the same spot, freaked me out
    Anonymous

• Lol. My daughter has had a bad case of the hiccups the past 10 minutes or so and they make her so mad. Every time she gets them she kicks me as hard as she can. =P I dread to see what she'll think of hiccups once she's here. I don't think there's a cure for them. =( I just wanted you to know that you aren't alone.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• The only issue I have with it is that she hiccups on my bladder and I have to try not to pee my pants. Otherwise, time for DH or someone to get to feel the baby move.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• He'll have a nice strong diaphragm. Don't stress about things that happen naturally or you're gonna be stressed out A LOT :)
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 12:55 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• It's totally normal and there's absolutely nothing you can do. DD got the hiccups all the time, my entire belly would be jumping. It's strengthening the diaphram like everyone else already said, but your baby isn't breathing through his throat so I would think it would be less annoying than if you had them yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:21 AM on Mar. 19, 2010