I got a baby on the way, I was wondering how much it costs a month for diapers & formula & other baby expenses?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• Roughly around 300 a month, I would put aside 450 if you are saving up. WIC can help you with the formula. They make discounted diapers.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• It depends on the brand of formula, they brand of diapers, if your chil is sick a lot, needs regular meds, has reflux, goes to daycare ect ect ect ect
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I DIDNT BREAST FEED BUT IF YOU DO IT WILL SAVE YOU TONS OF MONEY.......AROUND 300/400 DOLLARS LIKE 1ST POST SAID !
    Anonymous

• A good set of cloth diapers that will last your entire babyhood through to toilet training is about $600. You can buy used diapers for half that.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• breastfeeding will save lots of money. so will using cloth diapers. the diapers are an investment in the beginning but pay for themselves rather quickly. And it's not the same old fold, pin and cover diapers. take a look at bumgenius.com or blueberrydiapers.com to get an idea of them. we go with one size so you don't have to keep buying more as they get bigger. also, buying clothes from garage sales or resale helps alot money wise with kids as well, but they go threw clothes so quick in the first few year.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 10:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Breastfeeding is the best thing for your baby and its FREE!!!! It is also much easier in the long run. Also, cloth diapers can save you a TON of money. They are now as easy as a disposable to use.
    Juniper53098

Answer by Juniper53098 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Breastfeed if ya can like previous post said it will save you money,and in these times I wouldnt take a chance. If you have to go formula start buying right now get any help you can get from family and friends.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• Breastfeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Breastfeed if at all possible. Not only is it healthier for the baby, but it is soo much cheaper. Even if you work, you can pump during the day store it in the freezer.

It depends on brand and store you purchased it from. I recommend WIC if you qualify for it. It can help you on supplimental items including formula. Parents Choice Diapers (Walmart) are the cheaper brand and actually hold up better then the more expensive brands. For diapers I spend 20 dollars on a large box every two-three weeks. For Formula I am on WIC, so I don't pay anything for that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I got a stash of cloth diapers at my baby shower and I breastfeed and made my own wipes so monthly expenses were and are very, very little. Easily less than $50. My largest expense has been the car seat. Other than birthday and Christmas there was never much to worry about buying. Just the occasional body wash or lotion or random items like spoons and pajamas.
    ThePinkRobot

Answer by ThePinkRobot at 12:09 AM on Mar. 19, 2010