Always in sister's bed

I have 2 sweet little girls, my oldest just turned 4 last month, and my youngest turned 1 just before Christmas. My husband and I have been having problems getting our oldest to stay out of her sister's crib. They do share a room, but everytime we go in to check on them, they are both jumping and laughing in the crib. How do I get this to stop? Any suggestions?

ajksmom

Asked by ajksmom at 10:41 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Ugh! I can see how annoying that would be! :( I have a 3 year old and 1 year old twin boys, and we have a gate on the boys door....if they were in the same room my daughter would be waking them up whenver she was up!
    Anonymous

• Seperate them. If it's possible take the oldest one out of the room and put her into her own room.
    Either way, whether you can move the older one or not, you need to talk to them. Let them know what is expected of them and if you find them doing it again they won't get [insert favorite toy, special trip to wherever, etc.] Let them know it is bedtime and they have time to play tomorrow, but right now isn't the time for that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• not to sound harsh but do u have any other discipline issues with the 4 year old? handle that the way u would any other time she didnt do what u told her.....tell her that she is to lay down, go to sleep, and not bother the baby, and definitely not get in the crib. my daughter was 4 when her brother was born and she never would have tried that bc she knows she probably would have gotten her hiney popped!
    Anonymous

• Awww Im sorry but thats so sweet to me that they love to play with eachother. Sorry I know Im not helping lol but they just seem like to happy little girls that love being around eachother and playing. Please dont seperate them just try and lay down the rules and let them know that they have to sleep in there own beds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Mar. 19, 2010