does mirena cause early miscarriage?? (TMI alert)

i have had my iud for ab 2 years. i know that most women have no period at all while on it, but mine is strange. i will have 1 one month then skip the next, and then the month after, i will begin passing small pieces of what looks like tissue, its pink and white, and after a day or so of that, then my period will begin normally. i probably wouldnt pay the tissue any mind if i hadnt had a miscarriage at 7 weeks before. but this pattern happens almost every other month. the bleeding is light, just like my normal period, but the tissue makes me think it may be a early pregnancy, say 2 or 3 weeks, that got evicted and then my period begins. my prev. miscarriage i passed pink and white tissue but u could see the body forming bc it was a little later, and that time i didnt cramp or anything either. what would u ladies think???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• this IUD works by causing a hostile environment for a fertilized egg to embed.. so every month if you ovulate the egg will get fertilized it just can not implant---
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I've been experiencing that for the past 3 months, and I'm not sexually active. Gonna have to say no on that one.
    Anonymous

• An IUD allows the sperm to fertilize the egg, but typically does not allow the embryo to implant on the uterine wall - occasionally it is allowed, but not typically. So yes, as long as your egg is getting fertilized by the sperm, your IUD is causing you to miscarry super early every month. Some people say the fertilized egg is being aborted. Either way you look at it, this is why I believe IUDs are wrong.
    Anonymous

• I don't see how IUD is bad because even if the egg is being fertilized it doesn't have a heart beat yet so its not really considered a baby yet its just a bunch of cells. How do you know the egg and sperm aren't joined while on the pill is there any proven knowledge saying that the egg is not fertilized then aborted I mean come on think about it. All BC are made to prevent pregnancy so no one knows how many times you are aborting a fertilized egg no matter what BC method you use.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Mar. 19, 2010