If your Child was diagnoised with Scabies, Would you take them to the park or in public?

I live in Ohio and a friend of mines daughter has been diagnoised with scabies. Which is congatious. She has taken her out to eat and lately out to the park grant it the medication is being used but my worry is the possibilty of others being infected. She wants a playdate but i tell her not till its healed up.
Would you dangle your child out in public or the park while its not even close to being gone?
I know i wouldnt because i would be afraid of infecting other childern or someone else.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Health

• it's only still contagious within the first 24 hours of treatment. If it's been more than a day, it's not contagious anymore as long as she had treatment.
    Anonymous

• I thought this was like crabs?
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• the child is no longer contagious 24hours after treatment has begun.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:52 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• anything contagious i think is kinda trashy if you bring your child out during ilness that being said after 24 hrs its fine
    insomniacmom266

Answer by insomniacmom266 at 1:40 AM on Mar. 19, 2010