plan b and possible pregnancy

Hi I was wondering if u took plan b (the lady at the plannedparenthood gave it to me with out telling me what it was and I thought it was just tylenol cuz I had pains..but I found out when I was paying after my check up it was plan b) if u were prego and it didn't show up on a test but u know that you were(I had two kids already and with both I didn't get a positive test til after I was 3months)would taking the pill cause u to misscarry or anything? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it isnt suppose to ( didnt u ask this earlier lol) .... but it says on the commercial, " it isnt the abortion pill, it will not terminate the pregnancy if you are already pregnant"
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:02 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• It's only effective at preventing conception, if you're already pregnant it won't cause a miscarriage.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:16 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Why would you take the pill now anyway? Do you want to miscarry? I think there is an abortion pill for that...
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:17 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• They just gave you Plan B? Did you ask for it or anything? I find that a little messed up and this is why I always ask what they are giving me before I take it. If you are already pregnant, no you will not miscarry from it.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:33 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Why on earth would someone give you plan B without you knowing about it??
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:13 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• No. Plan B does not cause you to miscarry. I believe it helps prevent fertilization, and possible prevent implantation of a recently fertilized egg.  I'm sure you will now, in the future, not take any pill without asking what it is. Why were you given this medication?  Are you pregnant?  Did you go in to the doctor and tell then that you recently (within 72 hrs) had unprotected sex and were worried about becoming pregnant?  This seems weird to me, and I might not go back to that particular clinic.  Either that, or you misunderstood something.  Or she told you, but you didn't hear her?  Is that possible?

Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2010