Is flouride water ok to give your baby?

I have one question about the flouride water because i know nothing about it but is it really safe because i know they always said not to swallow toothpaste because of the flouride in it? Is the flouride diff in each? delete your answer

pandora09

Asked by pandora09 at 12:00 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, personally.. I've never given my children flouride water, even though the people at the health department said I needed to have my children on it. But they also tried telling me that my daughter was behind schedual when she was crawling at five months old. Flouride is a poison, and I was told but someone I trust that they started putting flouride in water to get rid of it and the studies done on flouride are from decades ago and never reconsidered. Yeah its stupid, don't swollow flouride toothpaste but give your baby flouride water, thats insane. They say its the quantity of flouride but wouldnt you say that there would be more in what your baby drinks of water a day than what you'd put on your toothbrush?
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 12:04 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• yeah theres alot less flouride. It makes absolutely no sense. I gave DD the flouride baby water and when I switched to tao water her doc actually prescribed flouride because we have well water
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Oops its Fluoride. not Flouride, I misspelled it too.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 12:05 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• no! never give them fluoride avoid it yourself.
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 12:08 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Thats what I was asking myself seems like they would be more in the water the baby is drinking considering the small amount you use to brush your teeth. IDK was wondering what everyone else on here had to say about it lol
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 12:14 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• No. Fluoride is only beneficial applied topically to the teeth. You should not ingest fluoride.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• No! That is disgusting and dangerous.
    gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 12:51 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• NO! They don't even put fluoride in training toothpaste for a reason! The amount of fluoride in a tube of toothpaste could kill ANYONE if ingested. Fluoride was originally rat poison for a reason.
    bellaamore

Answer by bellaamore at 4:40 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• BTW< Fluoride is a byproduct of the aluminum industry. When they needed somewhere to get rid of it, they found that it was a wonderful rat poison..only it worked too well. The rats would still have it in their systems when they went back to their homes and died and other rats would smell it and refuse to touch it.
    It costs the government and the aluminum industry BILLIONS every year to dispose of it, so the aluminum industry and the government got together and performed a study...note, this was done, only in these two entities. The study showed that fluoride helped teeth.

In all actuality, there are places all over the world that have fluoride naturally in their water, and they do not pump it into it. In these places, the instance of fluorosis of the bones, liver, and teeth are all more common. Google fluorosis and tell me if you like what you see, because that is what happens when you get it too early and and too much
    bellaamore

Answer by bellaamore at 4:45 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Th government and toothpaste suppliers must warn you clearly to not swallow fluoride when you brush your teeth. The reason is that it can KILL you, especially small children- that is why is says to call the poison line if your child ingests it, IMMEDIATELY.
    Many places that have higher levels of fluoride, or women that drink more tap water are found to have a higher instance of osteoporosis and fluoridation of the bones, as well as it becoming more and more common to have fluorosis of the teeth in this country. Fluoride is actually BANNED in several countries.
    bellaamore

Answer by bellaamore at 4:48 AM on Mar. 19, 2010