I have trouble saying the right things. Is it wrong..

to write them out on paper and read them and discuss issues with my child?

I have noticed that when I write things out carefully they come out sooooo much better than instantly speaking my mind (not as good). I often leave wishing I would have made a better impact with words.

What do you think ? I have written letters to him in the past but I'm not sure.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• then write a letter to your son...words are just as strong on paper as they are as if you say them. then at the bottom of the letter tell him to write you back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• We did a communication journal with my 12yo. She has issues, she writes them in the journal, I can read it when I get a chance and respond back to it. It has helped our communication because I am the type of person that what I think goes across my face and instantly out of my mouth. This way, I can read it and form a reply that she will not feel offended by or upset that Mom just lost her mind over what she had to say. :-) And she likes it cause it makes her feel special.
    stretchswife

Answer by stretchswife at 6:40 AM on Mar. 19, 2010