Do you think my husband is using this as an excuse?

I am 8 months pregnant and our sex life as slowed down. Tonight, we had sex. Well, I couldn't get off, I kept thinking I was about to get off but just couldn't. Afterwards, I just kinda felt sad because I couldn't get off and my husband said "Well I"m glad I missed 45 minutes of sleep for this" referring to us having sex. I get offended and started saying how I can't help it that I couldn't get off. He said "well fine, why don't you find a real man that can take care of you". He threw his wedding ring at me and then went to sleep in the guest room after calling me some names. I do not think he's cheating, he is stressed at work, we have not had any issues lately and our sex life has been fine just slow with the bigger belly. We rarely argue and he has never slept in the guest bedroom before. We have never had sexual issues either. I'm at a loss, just hoping someone else might have input....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd give him crap right back. You shouldn't be called names, at least your trying to have sex! If i'm not in the mood i'll tell my husband no or just lay there! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Im six months pregnant and me and my husband have been having a lot of problems like that too. Sex just... sucks right now, its uncomfortable, it kinda hurts too.... He hasn't seemed too interested into trying with me on it. We fight a lot right now too, it seems every time our sex life goes down the drain, so does our relationship...
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 12:13 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Is this your first child? Sometimes men get stressed and even a bit freaked out about the responsibility of caring for another person. Not that this excuses his behavior, but, he may just be experiencing stress and mild fear and having a hard time coping with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Men are such big babies. I have no clue how they rationalize that if we can't get off it's their fault! It's why a lot of women fake orgasms though, to appease their little egos. My SO is the biggest baby ever and his little ego gets his bowels in a roar so I just go say something like "I"m sorry you thought it was your fault but having a baby is stressful on my body and it's not always easy for me to get off". I know my SO only wants to hear the I'm sorry part. It makes things easier for me if I do that! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 12:20 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• "OUCH ".........................

MEN, are senitive !!!!!!!
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 12:29 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Maybe....Just maybe.......

He felt like you are feeling as if it was his fault you couldn't get off. That' would explain the go find a real man snarky remark. He felt that it was his fault, or that you felt that he just wasn't up to the task of making you cum.... IF this is what's going on with him, of course this isn't the way to go about sharing those feelings. But even us women do not always express our feelings when it comes to sex and our feelings, as well as we should at times.

Men. Just like women. Are sensitive about that type of thing. They just do not express it the same way..

Talk to him about it.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:34 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• He's freaked about the baby i bet.
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 12:42 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Umm...wtf is his problem? I don't care that he is stressed out at work or whatever the case is you don't overreact like that ESPECIALLY WITH YOUR 8 MONTH PREGNANT WIFE! Cripes...my husband didn't get sex for a VERY long time when I was pregnant...your husband should be kissing your feet (or elsewhere..that might have helped lol) that he is still getting laid at this point. To have a hissy fit and throw his ring over that? Give me a break. I would be asking him what the REAL issue is. Perhaps he is stressed about the impending responsibility of the baby?
    Whatever it is tell him to get the hell over it.
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 12:47 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I'd say he's just stressed. Doesn't give him a right to be a prick, though. Tell him you don't ever want to hear him calling you names like that again or you're leaving. (And mean it.)
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 12:58 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• next time fake it if this is the way he's gonna react,geez! Drama queen much?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Mar. 19, 2010