Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help a friend

A friend of mine and her DH are having problems. She recently posted this on her facebook.

"wondering why i put up with him sometimes...i know i should do right by the kids but does that always mean i give up my happiness?....feel free to comment"

I know her hubby has times that he is an idiot, and can do retarded stuff. But I also know they love eachother. I'm just not sure how to help her.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (8)
  • All you can do is be there for her to listen and support her no matter what she decides to do. People can love eachother and still hurt eachother...some folks just aren't meant to be married. Hopefully they work it out but if she decides she wants out don't give her a guilt trip. Just support her and be there to put her pieces back together if and when she falls apart.

    Marital problems are so stressful...I hope your friend can find a way to be happy.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

  • the best way to help her is by telling her that the problem will not get smaller by sharing it with the whole world,if she needs an ear you are one but not everyone needs to know because not everyone cares.

    Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:47 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

  • Why someone would air their dirty laundry is beside me! UGHHHHHHH!

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

  • Anon :57 how is that even helpful

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

  • Stay out of it. She shouldn't be posting stuff like that for the world to see anyway. My mom said never air your dirty laundry. I think that was sage advice.

    Answer by admckenzie at 1:14 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

  • two words---marriage counceling

    Obviously she is yearning for advice, so mantion that. It worked for many couples I know.

    Answer by Amberoz at 1:53 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

  • facebook should not be a place to air out anything.

    Answer by bella69147 at 4:24 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

  • I would suggest talking to her. Tell her you saw her post on fb and are concerned, let her know you are there if she needs someone to talk to and if she does talk- be there for her and listen to her. I would also suggest marriage counseling (if that is an option for them).

    Answer by MizLee at 9:22 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.