do u think as we women get older we should drop the purple shades of lipstick?

I'm older than 50. But feel 33. Chase my grand kids around like I was still 23. Is that wierd or what.

meiling515

Asked by meiling515 at 1:14 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I don't consider age in what I think of a woman's makeup. I think about skin tone, how it's applied, etc.
    I personally don't look good in that shade, and I'm only 28 LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I agree with previous poster. If that color looks good with your skin tone and matches your wardrobe, why not? I'm 40+ and still wear various shades of red because it looks good on me. I also experiment with other shades, that look good with my skin tone, as well.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 1:24 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• i think that women should drop all colors of lipstick...i personally don't wear any make up, never have, but i can't stand when i look at a woman and see the makeup first before her face. there is no reason to put on a mask to hide yourself. if you really want to wear make up then it should look like you aren't wearing any, natural looking. no ones lips are firetruck red or purple. women should embrace who they are and not feel like they need a mask to be seen by the rest of the world
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:34 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Not weird at all! I am 60 but feel like I am still in my thirties! Makeup should suit you, making it light and natural looking.

Answer by older at 9:23 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• As long as it still looks good on you, go for it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• no do what makes you happy and your health that comes and benefits from happiness is the most important thing, if you want to wear the purple lipstick go for it honey ;)
    Anonymous

• If it makes you feel sexy then wear whatever shade you want
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I think feeling and looking two very different issues with age. Make the appearance look complimentaryto the exterior.

Anonymous

• Numbers and age are just things man made up to keep track of time. What if they didn't exist? You go granny!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:40 AM on Apr. 15, 2010