what kind of sickness could I have??

I did some research and found one thing that matched my symptoms. I do not have a doctor and really dont have the money to afford one. So, I am just seeing what other's think or what I have may sound familiar to someone. If I feel I need a doctor I will some how make a trip to a doctor's office. ok, so 2 days ago I started to have a real dry.. not sore but dry throat. Today, I still have the extreme dry throat along with my lungs feeling as they are very heavy. You know when you have a real bad cold/flu and you are congested?? You have that real heavy feeling on your lungs? That is how my lungs feel. Also I am starting to develop a cough.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Health

• Bronchitis? Pneumonia? There's quite a few things that can have those symptoms actually. I'd definitely go to a dr if your condition does not improve within 24 hours.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:42 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• It sounds like something that needs antibiotics. I would see if there are any clinics in your area. I know there is one here that's like $30 and $5 for a prescription. If you take so theraflu and airborne and it doesn't go away I would look into it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Avoid dairy while you are sick – it can increase the amount of mucus your body produces.
    Peppermint tea is great! Peppermint is a natural decongestant; just be sure that peppermint is the only ingredient.
    Honey (antibacterial) and cayenne pepper (anti-inflammatory) is the best cough syrup.throat soother.
    Emergen-C will help you stay hydrated and give you an energy boost; be sure to mix it with cold water. The lowest price is at Trader Joes, though it is sold just about everywhere (Target, Walgreens, etc.).
    I am a big believer in the power of foods. This healing foods pyramid from the University of Michigan is great: http://www.med.umich.edu/umim/food-pyramid/index.htm
    Get some Elderberry syrup. The FDA criticized the manufacturer of Tamiflu for "overstatement" of claims of efficacy, since blind studies comparing it to a placebo only resulted in a 1.3 day difference

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 6:01 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• A study on Sambucol (Elderberry) found a 3-4 day difference in duration of symptoms.
    Most important, stay well hydrated!

I always make miso soup when someone is sick
    Morning miso
    2 cups veg. broth
    2 cups hot water
    4 Tbsp. miso
    1 tsp. fresh ginger root, grated
    1/2 cup diced firm tofu
    3 Tbsp. thinly sliced scallion greens
    1/2 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
    I have substituted onion for the scallions, and left out the mushrooms. I have also added some thinly sliced chinese cabbage, because I happened to have it.)

Pour the veg. broth and 1 cup of water into medium saucepan. In separate bowl, dissolve the miso in the remaining 1 cup water. Mix well and add to saucepan. Add the ginger root and mushrooms and heat until simmering (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in
    the tofu and scallions. (If adding other veg. like onion or cabbage, you'll want to simmer until they are tender before adding tofu

• sounds a lot like what I have. It's felt like a large cat has been sitting on it for days. Anyway, I've been taking huge amounts of elderberry and echinacea since Wed. night and I feel a lot better today,

Take elderberry and lots of fluids. Chicken soup is good, too.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:45 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Ebola virus...So sorry...I had to when I first read the question, otherwise I have no helpful advise and I hope I gave you a little chuckle, check out WebMD.com (they have a symptom checker tool) and I hope you get to feeling better!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 8:53 AM on Mar. 19, 2010

• try some vitamin a zinc and garlic it should knock what ever its is right out, if it doesnt then it mght be something seroius but all that i named are 100 % natural and healthier than any script that a md can give you. You can get that stuff from a chiropractors office or a health food store.. we use biotics for our needs.
    deverrick

Answer by deverrick at 10:19 AM on Mar. 19, 2010